- Citizenship for life, applicable for future generations
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Dependents included:
- Children under 30 years old
- Parents and Grandparents of any age
- Siblings of the main applicant or spouse that are over 18 years old, single and with no children
- Visa-free travel/entry to over 140 countries
- No language requirement
- Possibility to apply for an online visa for Australia
- Enables investors to apply for the USA E-2 Visa
- No country restrictions
- No residency requirement
- No education or management experience required
- Ability to live, work and settle in any other member of the CARICOM countries
- The Donation option
- Minimum contribution:
- USD 150,000 for a single applicant
- USD 200,000 for applicant and up to 3 dependants
- USD 25,000 for each additional dependent
- Minimum contribution:
- The Real Estate option (Direct Purchase)
- Purchase authorised real estate with a minimum value of USD 350,000, which must be held for at least three years
- The Real Estate option (Share Investment)
- Purchase a share in authorised real estate with a minimum value of USD 220,000, which must be held for at least five years
- Additional fees apply, such as Due Diligence, Application, Processing fees and other Government fees
- Be over 18 years old
- Have no criminal record
- Provide all the required documents in English
- Make a qualifying donation or investment
- Application must be submitted through an authorised agent
Process (between 4-8 months)
- Submit the completed application forms and required documents
- Payment of application forms, deposit and due diligence fees
- Completion of Due Diligence process
- The Grenada Citizenship by Investment Committee gives its recommendation to the relevant authority
- A decision will be advised within 60 business days from the date of formal application submission
- Transfer of the investment amount to Grenada
- Issuance of Grenadian citizenship documents and passports approximately one month after written approval is received
What is the Citizenship-by-Investment Programme?
Grenada’s Citizenship-by-Investment Programme (“CIP”) offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying significant investment in Grenada.
Currently, there are two qualifying investment options:
National Transformation Fund
- USD 150,000 contribution for a single applicant
- USD 200,000 contribution for main applicant with one dependent or family of up to 4 (USD 25,000 for each additional dependent)
- USD 220,000 investment into an approved project in the Tourism Accommodation sector to be held for a minimum of 5 years
- USD 350,000 investment into an approved real estate project to be held for a minimum of 3 years
Processing, due diligence, and government fees are additional, and excluded from the cited investment amounts above. Please use the most updated Caribbean fee table for a more comprehensive and customizable quote.
Who is eligible to apply for citizenship?
To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years old, of good character, without a criminal record, and make an investment or contribution in one of the qualifying investment options.
Ineligible applicants are those who:
- Provide false information on their application
- Has been previously convicted in any country of an offence for which the maximum custodial penalty for the same or similar offence in Grenada is in excess of 6 months imprisonment (unless they have received a free pardon)
- Are the subject of a criminal investigation
- Pose a national security risk to Grenada, or any other country
- Are involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to Grenada
- Have been denied a visa to a country with which Grenada has visa-free travel and who have not subsequently obtained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
Who qualifies as a Dependent on the application?
- Spouse of the main applicant
- Dependent children of the main applicant or spouse up to 30 years old who are supported by the main applicant/ spouse
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse who are fully supported by the main applicant
- Single and childless siblings of the main applicant/spouse who are at least 18 years old
- Children born within 12 months of the grant of citizenship
What are the benefits of citizenship in GRENADA?
Grenada’s passport allows visa-free travel to over 140 countries including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK and the European Union.
Dual citizenship is permitted. Citizenship is valid for a lifetime and can be granted to 2nd generation family members (children born after application approval) and 3rd generation family members (not automatic; conditions apply).
CAN A GRENADIAN APPLY FOR USA E-2 VISA?
Yes. An E-2 visa allows foreign investors to live and work in the United States and can be extended indefinitely. E-2 visas are only available to citizens of certain countries that have a treaty with the US, which includes Grenada. For more information, please contact our legal team.
What is the usual processing time?
The processing time is approximately 6 months.
Do I need to travel or reside in GRENADA as part of the citizenship application process?
No, there is no requirement to travel or reside in Grenada prior to obtaining citizenship.
DO I NEED TO SHOW THE SOURCE OF FUNDS FOR MY INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants are required to show that they have enough funds to make the investment. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
CAN I USE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN GIFTED TO ME BY A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER FOR THE INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants can include money that has been gifted by a friend or family member for the investment. In most cases, additional documents will be required from the sponsor regarding their source of funds. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.