- Dependents included:
- Dependent children
- No language requirement
- No residency requirement
- Member of the World Trade Organization (“WTO”) since 2011
- Official currency: Euro (since 2002)
- Official candidate for the Adhesion of the European Union (E.U) by 2025
- Visa-free travel/entry to 122 countries, including Schengen Area, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Access to USA via the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa
- Low cost and tax efficient jurisdiction
- Donation of EUR 100,000 in a Government Fund
- Real estate investment of EUR 250,000 in the northern or central region of Montenegro
- Donation of EUR 100,000 in a Government Fund
- Real estate investment of EUR 450,000 in the Capital of Podgorica or the coastal region of Montenegro
- Main applicant must be at least 18 year’s old
- Ability to prove the source of funds intended to be used for the program
- No criminal record
- Investment to be maintained at least for 5 years
- Insurance policy in place to cover health insurance for the applicant and dependents
- Medical report confirming in good health
- Apply between 1st January 2019 and 31st December 2021
- Instruct international due diligence agent and pay appropriate fees: EUR 7,000 for single applicant, or EUR 10,000 for a family of 4 (Note: checks only apply to children over 18)
- Receive a positive opinion from the international due diligence agent
- Make a qualifying investment
- Receive Approval-in-Principle (program limited to 2000 decisions of admission)
WHAT ARE THE INVESTMENTS OPTIONS AVAILABLE?
To apply, the applicant must make a donation of EUR 100,000 in a government fund followed by a choice of either:
- A real estate investment of EUR 250,000 into development projects in undeveloped areas located in the northern or central region of Montenegro
- A real estate investment of EUR 450,000 into development projects in developed areas located in the Capital of Podogorica or the coastal region of Montenegro
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF INVESTMENTS AVAILABLE?
The development projects which will benefit from the investments which are located in different areas of Montenegro are divided into two categories:
- Tourism – construction of hotel/mixed-type
- Agriculture and processing industry – a list of investment projects shall be provided by the Government at a later stage.
WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT HOLDING PERIOD?
The applicant must hold his/her investment for at least 5 years.
ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON THE NATIONALITY APPLYING FOR THIS PROGRAM?
There is no restriction on the nationality of the applicants.
IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT TO APPLY?
The main applicant must be at least 18 years old but there is no maximum age to apply.
ARE THERE ANY MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
Yes – The main applicant must provide for him/her and his/her family a medical report showing that they are not suffering from contagious diseases.
DO I NEED HEALTH INSURANCE TO APPLY?
Yes – Applicant and dependents must have insurance which covers healthcare in Montenegro.
IS THERE ANY TIME FRAME OR APPLICATION QUOTA FOR THIS PROGRAM?
Yes – This program should run until 31st of December 2021 and is limited to 2,000 decisions of admissions. Once the quota has been reached the program shall end
Who qualifies as a Dependent on the application?
Spouse and children under 18 years old or above and dependent of the main applicant can be included.
What is the current status of Montenegro regarding the European Union?
Montenegro is an official candidate for the integration of the European Union (EU) since 2012. As per European Commission communications Montenegro “should” integrate the EU by 2025.
What would happen by 2025 if I successfully applied to the Montenegro CIP program?
After EU accession, as a Montenegrin citizen you will be granted the same rights as other EU members, such as free movement to work, study and reside anywhere in the EU. Hence, by 2025 a Montenegrin citizen will be able to relocate temporarily or permanently to any country of the EU zone.
What is the usual processing time?
Up to 3 months upon submission. This processing time may vary depending of the complexity of the case.
WHEN SHOULD I PAY THE APPLICATION FEES?
All application fees should be paid prior submitting the application.
WHEN SHOULD I MAKE THE INVESTMENT?
The donation & investment should be deposited on an ESCROW account prior the application.
Do I need to travel or reside in MONTENEGRO as part of the citizenship application process?
No visit is required during the processing time. Once approved, the applicants are required to visit the country in order to submit their biometrics to apply for their ID documents.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.