- Citizenship for life, applicable for future generations
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Dependents included:
- Children up to 30 years old
- Parents and grandparents
- Siblings up to 25 years old, single and without children
- Visa-free travel/entry to over 140 countries
- No language requirement
- Attractive tax regime; no capital gains or inheritance taxes
- Possibility to apply for an online visa for Australia
- No residency requirement
- Fast physical processing times
- No education or management experience required
- Ability to live, work and settle in any other member of the CARICOM
- The Donation option
- USD 100,000 for a single applicant
- USD 150,000 for applicant accompanied by a spouse
- USD 175,000 for applicant accompanied by up to three qualifying dependents (excluding siblings)
- USD 25,000 or USD 50,000 per additional dependent – will vary based on the age and type of dependency
- The Real Estate option
Purchase authorised real estate with a minimum value of USD 200,000, which must be held for at least three years
Additional fees apply, such as Due Diligence, Application, Processing fees and other Government fees
- Be over 18 years old
- Have no criminal record
- Provide all the required documents in English
- Provide a letter of application for economic citizenship addressed to the Minister responsible for Citizenship
- Make a qualifying donation or investment
- The application must be submitted through a government-authorised agent
Process (between 3-5 months)
- Prepare all the documents required, submit them via an authorised agent, and pay due diligence and government fees
- Upon approval-in-principle, the applicant will need to complete the required investment and pay remaining government fees
- The passport will be issued upon approval of the citizenship
What is the Citizenship-by-Investment Programme?
Dominica’s Citizenship-by-Investment Programme (“CIP”) offers eligible individuals and their families the opportunity to obtain full legal citizenship and passports upon making a qualifying significant investment in Dominica.
Currently, there are two qualifying investment options:
Economic Diversification Fund
- USD 100,000 contribution for a single applicant
- USD 175,000 contribution for a main applicant and spouse
- USD 200,000 contribution for a family of up to 3 (USD 25,000 per additional dependent)
- USD 200,000 investment into an approved real estate project to be held for a minimum of 3 years (can only be re-sold under CIP after 5 years)
Processing, due diligence, and government fees are additional, and excluded from the cited investment amounts above. Please use the most updated Caribbean fee table for a more comprehensive and customizable quote.
Who is eligible to apply for citizenship?
To qualify for citizenship, the primary applicant must be over 18 years old, of good character, without a criminal record, and make an investment or contribution in one of the qualifying investment options.
Restricted applicants are those who are nationals of:
- North Korea
Nationals of the listed restricted countries are eligible to apply for citizenship through the Dominica CIP if they:
- Have not lived in any of the restricted countries for the last 10 years;
- Have no substantial assets in any of the restricted countries; and
- Are not performing and have not performed any business or similar activity, in whole or in part, with or within any of the restricted countries
Who qualifies as a Dependent on the application?
- Spouse of the main applicant
- Dependent children of the main applicant or spouse up to 30 years old (proof of full-time attendance at a recognized educational institution required for children between 18-30 years old)
- Dependent children at least 18 years old and physically and/or mentally challenged who are living with and fully supported by the main applicant
- Unmarried daughters of the main applicant up to 30 years old
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse above 55 years old living with and fully supported by the main applicant (at least one parent/grandparent must be 55 years old)
What are the benefits of citizenship in DOMINICA?
Dominica’s passport allows visa-free travel or visa-on-arrival to over 120 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the Schengen Area. A full list can be accessed on the CIP website here: https://cbiu.gov.dm/dominica-citizenship/benefits/
Dual citizenship is permitted. Citizenship is valid for a lifetime and can be granted to 2nd generation family members (children born after application approval) and 3rd generation family members (not automatic; conditions apply).
What is the usual processing time?
The processing time is approximately 3-5 months.
Do I need to travel or reside in DOMINICA as part of the citizenship application process?
No, there is no requirement to travel or reside in Dominica prior to obtaining citizenship.
DO I NEED TO SHOW THE SOURCE OF FUNDS FOR MY INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants are required to show that they have enough funds to make the investment. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
CAN I USE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN GIFTED TO ME BY A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER FOR THE INVESTMENT?
Yes, applicants can include money that has been gifted by a friend or family member for the investment. In most cases, additional documents will be required from the sponsor regarding their source of funds. The type of documents required will vary depending on the source of the investment funds.
The present document is intended for guidance and general information only and does not constitute or purport to provide you with legal advice. Such information is subject to changes without notice. Each case is unique and depends on the facts and circumstances of the individual and due consideration should be taken if applying the general information to your personal situation. For an evaluation of your personal circumstances one of our legal team would be happy to assist.